Join us on March 10th at 1:00-4:00pm!
Workshop to be presented by Devra He’ui Kitterman, retired owner/operator of He’ui Horticultural Services for 27 years, who has continued her passion for plants, wildlife, and environmental issues by becoming a beekeeper and advocate for pollinators and habitat conservation.
The Workshop will be held at:
Maryland Agricultural Resource Council
1114 Shawan Rd, Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Cost: This workshop is free, but a $10 donation to benefit the pollinator plantings at MARC is greatly appreciated!
Topics to be discussed:
– What is Stewardship?
– What is a pollinator?
– The current status of bees and other pollinators.
– What do bees like and need?
– Attracting and Observing Pollinators
– Creating Beneficial Pollinator Habitat
– Preparing Soil
– Making Plant Choices for Limited Space
– Deer-Proof Planting
– Light exposure and why it’s important
– Secrets of Mulch
– Providing Water for pollinators
– Chemicals and The Lawn Industrial Complex
– Where is your honey coming from?
Handouts will be provided.
This event will be held indoors, no need for any gear, but bring a sweater as the room can be chilly. You also may want to bring a pen to take notes.
Please RSVP here:
Come by early or stay late and have lunch on the farm!
Keep an eye out for future workshop dates!